There are many advantages to training with Pacific Skies Aviation, with operations based at KTOA. Torrance airport (Zamperini field) is located at the base of the Palos Verdes Peninsula in the Los Angeles basin of Southern California. Primarily a general aviation airport, Torrance airport boasts some of the most favorable conditions to make it the most advantageous airport for flight training:
- Practice Area – Only 5 minutes away from the flight training practice area, students maximize their flight training time greatly compared to most other airports
- 2 Runways – There is hardly a wait for departure or landing clearances, maximizing your rental time
- General-Aviation Friendly – 99% of traffic that flies in and out is general aviation (non- commercial traffic)
- Views – With some of the most gorgeous views of the Los Angeles area, the scenery is a constantly changing kaleidoscope of ocean and coastal views
- Airspace – Just 15 miles south of LAX airport, it allows for a truly complex and challenging learning environment without the aggravation of numerous air traffic delays – If you can learn to fly here, you can fly anywhere!
Centrally located between Los Angeles and Orange counties, Pacific Skies Aviation calls Torrance Airport home. Located just off the deep-blue coast of the Pacific Ocean in Southern California, your flight is just minutes away from some of the world’s most breathtaking scenery--from mountains, to islands, to deserts and glittering cityscapes.
We invite you to visit our friendly facilities, featuring a VIP pilot’s lounge, seminar and training rooms. Located right next door to the Western Museum of Flight, you can complete your aviation adventure with a relaxing break on our one-of-a-kind picnic patio, watching aircraft takeoff and land in the golden California sun.
PACIFIC SKIES AVIATION - 3319 Airport Drive Torrance, CA 90505